Good Life Love

Official Website of THIS IS THE LIFE The Movie & The Good Life Emcees

hi fam,

this is my personal thank you to all the goodlifelovers who've purchased the dvd + special features since our debut last week!

i've gotten several emails with feedback (overwhelmingly positive) but i thought i'd open it up and ask out loud... HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? GIMME YOUR THOUGHTS.

i', open to learning and growing as a filmmaker from dialogue/criticism/etc. lemme know what you think of THIS IS THE LIFE on DVD. any favorite parts? any not so favorite parts? holla back.

and thanks for supporting indie film and indie hip hop.

goodlifelove,
AVA

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a fan but never having the chance to experience the Good Life this documentary really made everyone feel much more personal and connected me in a more emotional way than dubbed tapes and cd's ever could. I love the music and have been trying to follow the careers of a lot of the Good Life MC's for several years now, but being on the East Coast there has not been a lot of opportunity for me to meet anyone personally. From an outsiders point of view this documentary really opens you up to people’s personalities and lets you into where everyone was coming from. I really appreciate the effort put into documenting a scene that I have held close to my heart for years and really connecting the personalities of a lot of the people involved in this movement. Thank you for making this! I wish you and everyone involved nothing but success and hopefully some more light will be shined on a part of positive hip hop that in my opinion surpasses anything that has been commercially done in almost the last 20 years!

Peace
Mason
Finally gots mine!!!! It was like a throw back time machine. I moved to this desert during the project blowed era, and had a really difficult time weening cats off the Wu and introducing them to the Fellowship. This film is a visual of my struggles and sweet victory in donning "i'm here to dismiss the myth/ that every mc from cali aint a blood crip or pimp"(ras kass). Oh, and i got eves autograph at the same time!!!!This disc will not be leaving the player anytime soon.
Oh, you wanted criticisim? It wasn't long enough. However, in the trade of a good film maker, leave the audience wanting more. Congratulations Ava. You documented an era, a timepiece to travel beyond word of mouth and somber memories.
P1L, E x to the C!
I LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT AND I WOULDNT CHANGE A DAMN THING. IT WAS SO RAW AND MOVING. U DONT SEE THAT ANY MORE. EVERY BODY IS ALL MAD AND PIST OFF ABOUT SOME THING. WE NEED A GOOD LIFE IN EVERY INNER CITY FOR THE YOUTH OF TODAY. WE REALLY NEED IT HERE IN CHICAGO. LIKE I SAID I LOVED IT AND I TRY TO WATCH IT EVERY TIME IT COMES ON, IF IM IN THE HOUSE. WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT SO MUCH TALENT CAME OUT OF THE GOOD LIFE . MUCHLOVE TO ALL YALL!!!!!!!!!! YOURS TRULY TOY.
watkinstoys@yahoo.com hope to see yall soon in the chi performing.
you're very much welcome. people here are very avid for those films. thanks anyways. (very truly yours, candle scents)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Official website for the award-winning hip hop documentary, THIS IS THE LIFE.

© 2017   Created by directher.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service